We are seeking a volunteer to take on the recently vacated role of Treasurer. As a Board member and Treasurer, you will have the following duties:
– Be the point of contact with the bank with respect to the LDT’s bank account.
– Act as a signatory for payment of invoices and other expenditure.
– Process invoices for payment.
– Monitor cashflow and report to the Board on the LDT’s financial position on a monthly basis.
– Prepare an annual statement and report at the AGM.
– File the annual tax return at Companies House and HMRC.
If this is something you would like to help us with, please contact our secretary Anne-Maryse here.
During the first quarter of 2016 we ran several community engagement open days at Mearns Academy. These were to discover what residents of the area felt Laurencekirk currently required, and what was felt it needed to grow for the future. These engagements were a huge success with good turn outs and lively debates! You can read the resulting Community Vision publication here.
LDT wishes to thank everyone that participated and provided us with plenty of food for thought. Now we have a new survey which allows you, the community, to democratically decide what you feel are the most important and urgent issues the Trust should focus on next. This survey allows you to rank each of the topics that were gathered from the community engagements of last year.
The more completed surveys we get, the better we will know where to channel our time and energies as we move forward. Therefore please complete a survey and pass it on to someone you know or perhaps a local interest group. Many thanks for your time from everyone at the Laurencekirk Development Trust!