LDT Management Meeting Minute of Wednesday 25th January 2017 at 7.00pm in Burgh Buildings.
2. Apologies: Mike Robson
3. Present: Jim Stuart, Anne Lewendon, Sarah Johnston, Toby Burrell, Colleen Henderson, Anne-Maryse Churchill
4. Minute of meeting held in December 2016 – Approved
5. Matters Arising: None
6. CRTB, progress report on articles of association. See secretary’s report – Not covered – check with Mike
7. Old playing field development (see secretary’s report). Acknowledged success of LDT in preserving the playing fields, however now on to looking at future needs and plans for their use. Mike Arranging a meeting with Scott Cameron – PT PE at Mearns Academy. – Follow up to be undertaken with new chair with Mearns Junior Football club.
8. Update on community engagement to establish residents priorities for available buildings /sites.(S.L.)
Agreement to pay survey subscription for a short period of time to unlock survey for public response. £28 per month.
Plan to circulate to key groups representing various demographics across village- in addition to facebook and website and use Villages In Control.
Distribute to all the members of the group (approx. 140 members and ask that they disseminate further).
Survey feedback provided and actions taken on by Sarah and Colleen.
10. Update on Garvock Hill access route for foot/cycle path (see secretary’s report) – Following meeting with Marsailli Aspinall from Aberdeenshire Council – Toby shared a plan of the proposed cycle path – linking various train stations and towns around the Mearns area. Jim commented about lack of route across Kinnaber and viaduct.
Unclear re timescales for this plan but group shared its enthusiasm.
Jim is meeting with MAP shortly and will undertake to get more information on whats happening with the underpass at Johnston Mains- following update from Bill Howitson.
11. Treasurer’s report (A.L.) – to follow in advance of AGM
12. Secretary’s report (attached). Covered.
13. Identification of potential nominations for new directors in advance of AGM. To be considered for the next management meeting.
14. Agree preferred date and location for AGM (see secretary’s notes).
8th March AGM @ community campus.
15. AOCB and date of next meeting. Propose management meeting for 8th Feb.