Minute of the Laurencekirk Development Trust AGM (SC435274)
Masonic Hall, 18 March 2019 at 7.30 p.m.
Financial Year 1 November 2017 – 31 October 2018
1. Jim Stuart, Chairman, welcomed the attendees. 22 Members were present.
2. Apologies were submitted by Fred Higgins, Euan Ramsay, Sylvia Cartwright and Colleen Henderson.
3. The Minutes of the AGM held on 14 March 2018 were approved and adopted. Proposer: Colin Polson. Seconder: Mike Rowson.
4. Matters Arising from the Minutes. The A90.
5. The Chairmans Annual Report was delivered by Jim Stuart.
6. Treasurers Report: Ann Lewendon presented the financial reports for the year to 31 October 2018. There was an interim report on progress to date and with regard to fund raising by Euan Ramsay.
7. Special Resolution to amend the definition of The Community by adding the postcodes AB30 GG1 and AB30 GG2 as approved under explanation that these postcodes cover the new houses built by Muir Homes.
8. The Election of Directors:
The current directors are Jim Stuart (2018), Anne-Maryse Churchill (2018), Toby Burrell (2018), Euan Ramsay (2018), Tero Luoma (2017), Colleen Henderson (2016), Sarah Leigh (2016(, Alastair Donald (2018) and Doug Shaw (2017). Sarah Leigh, Alastair Donald and Doug Shaw have all stood down.
The following candidates presented themselves for re-election: Colleen Henderson confirmed that she wished to remain, Marion Robson, Fred Higgins, Lesley Higgins and Morag Mitchell have all confirmed that they are happy to be appointed as Directors and this was unanimously accepted.
9. AOCB. Jim Stuart in his address discussed a number of matters including the old Community Centre being a WIP, the current position of LDT with various projects, the Local Development Plan, the ongoing difficulty with the new rail timetable. Mike Robson suggesting that there needs to be a traffic management plan and that DTAS may assist. A suggestion from the floor that we get grant assistance to have a proper report prepared by a specialist to take to Transport Scotland. A special sub-committee by the Gala Ladies is to be formed however given the work involved it will not take place this year.
10. The meeting was closed at approximately 8.30 pm.
11. The next monthly meeting is at the Burgh Buildings on Wednesday 10 April at 7 pm.