Minute of the Laurencekirk Development Trust 8 October 2019 – Burgh Buildings 7.30 pm
Chaired by Jim Stuart

Present: Jim Stuart (JS), Anne-Maryse Churchill (AMC), Carol Medlock (CM), John Medlock (JM), Morag Mitchell (MM), Lynn Moir (LM), Toby Burrell (TB) (non quorate)

1. Welcome from JS.

2. Apologies: Toby Burrell, Euan Ramsay and Marion Robson.

3. Notification of Conflicts of Interest: None.

4. Minute of Meeting of August 2019: Proposed by CM and Seconded by AMC.

5. Matters arising: All covered in the Agenda.

6. CAT Transfer: Confirming the position from last week that we are standing aside but will keep an eye on developments. The Church have promised to keep us in the loop. JS commenting that we need to make people more aware of us and what we do so that any other project in the future we can have the necessary support. We need to make people aware of what it is like to be on LDT and what we have achieved to date.

7. Laurencekirk Gala: MM giving update on all the activites. There were 7 attendees at the Car Boot on 22/9/19. Quite busy and everyone made money. Next car boot sale is 20/10. 60 attended the bingo night. The next one is 5/11. 16/11 is the Medium Night at the Dickson Hall. 12/10 Oor Wullie is in the Coop and Christmas Lights are doing a stall. There is a Tombola. 31/10 is the Halloween Disco for up to P7. A Zumba Class being run by the Catalyst church are going to give their proceeds to the Gala fund. An application to the wind farm for funding has been made. Around £2200 has been raised so far. There is £4000 in the bar fund. Action: MM and Committee

8. LDT Website: Confirming £90 is due to LM. We need to do some sort of article on our achievements (see above). Discussing links from AB30 website to LDT website and Facebook. MM will see if anyone on the Gala committee is interested in LDT. Hannah who is MM’s daughter might be interested. Perhaps something could be initiated through the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme and the Youth Forum. Natalie Cooper at the Academy may be able to help. Perhaps a letter to Gareth Campbell the Headmaster of the Academy. LM advising that she could take pages out to make it easier to manage. It costs £15 per month to host both websites. AMC and LM to meet next week to discuss matters and then asking if MM could be involved Action: LM, MM and AMC.

9. Review of Communication: Ongoing but will be helped with meeting as in 8 above. Action: MM

10. Grant Application: Advising we have copy of previous application and a blank form for the new application. AMC will complete and send to Lesley Robertson for approval. Action: AMC.

11. Laurencekirk Place Standard Meeting: Discussing and agreeing that AMC would email Lesley Robertson and invite her to our meeting to see if progress could be made with assisting us with a Community Action Plan as advised and suggested by JS.

12. Tenth Anniversary Reopening of Railway Station: MM advising that it was a great success as confirmed by all who attended the celebrations. It was enjoyed by all. The raffle went well. JS extended special thanks to MR and the Committee. There will be approximately £200 left once all overheads have been met.

13. Vacant Position of Treasurer: AMC to email LH and FH to see if any joy with their contacts Action: AMC

14. Secretarys Report: Pervasive throughout the Meeting.

15. Treasurers Report: None

16. Chairmans Report: Pervasive throughout the Meeting.

17. AOCB: Discussing the matter brought up by Toby about the various posters about legal highs and vaping. JS opinion is that we should get the details and pass to the Community Council. Take TL off as a Director as he has been unable to attend all year. See if we can make contacts with eg the Rotary to see if we can raise interest in LDT.

18. Date of October Meeting: 11 November 2019 at Burgh Buildings.