Minute of the Laurencekirk Development Trust
17 September 2019 – Burgh Buildings 7.30 pm

Chaired by Jim Stuart.

Present: Jim Stuart (JS), Anne-Maryse Churchill (AMC), Carol Medlock (CM), Fred Higgins (FH),John Medlock (JM), Lesley Higgins (LH), Marion Robson (MM), Morag Mitchell (MM), Toby Burrell (TB)

1. Welcome from JS.

2. Apology was submitted for ER via MR.

3. Notification of Conflicts of Interest: None.

4. Minute of Meeting of August 2019: Proposed by MR and Seconded by CM.

5. Matters arising: All covered in the Agenda.

6. CAT Transfer:
Discussing in detail the meeting with CV. Discussing the pros and cons. JS wants to keep options open and to ask local groups for their support. In the main though the group felt that we should let the CV carry on with their plans and ask them to keep us in the loop. That is the approach we take at the next meeting with them on Friday 20 September. CM suggesting Journeycall building for CV.

MR advising Heritage Club would consider buying BB. JS advising that that is not possible but could get a Licence to Occupy but consider Joint Venture with Heritage Club.

7. Access Path to Garvock: Take this off the Agenda now.

8. Laurencekirk Gala: MM giving update on the various activities including Car Boot on 21/9, Bingo Night 1/10, Medium night 16/11 at the Masonic Hall, Halloween Disco. There are three new members as three stepped down. Duck Race went well with £750 profit. Total so far to be advised. Action: MM and Committee.

9. Review of Communication: MM advising we need to advise cleansed members list where Minutes can be located. AMC advising that Minutes are published on our own website but noting not up to date as last posted June 2019. Try to get a link from AB30 Website. AMC to check with Lynn and check where we are with amount due to her. Action: AMC

10. Grant Application: This was rejected as advised by Lesley Robertson but AMC will check and resubmit before November. Action: AMC.

11. Tenth Anniversary Reopening of Railway Station: MR giving complete update on arrangements for Saturday including ER as MC, arrangements at station and Dickson Hall, Opening by Ed Murray, Pipe Band, song to be played, Info on mosaic etc. LH in charge of raffle, waiting room history. There will be a stand at the Dickson Hall by LDT which will cover all the things achieved by us:- VIC, Christmas lights, Dunlethen Woods, Mini Charette, St Laurence Hall group, Community Centre, Gala, Football club (saving of school pitches), A90 graded junction, Business park and area developed beside the Masonic Hall.

12. Vacant Position of Treasurer: FH and LH are going to be in touch with some people that may beable to help us Action: FH and LH.

13. Secretarys Report: Pervasive throughout the Meeting.

14. Treasurers Report: None

15. Chairmans Report: Pervasive throughout the Meeting.

16. Fund Raising: Defer to October meeting.

17. AOCB: TB, AMC, JS and CM discussing the Lesley Robertson Council meeting. Wait till next meeting with them.

18. Date of October Meeting: 8 October 2019 at Burgh Buildings.